Monday, July 21, 2008

¡Me gusta el norte del país también!

Wow, time flies so quickly! We just got back from our tour of the north and I loved it there also! We got to see lots of different scenery...for example, we went to Asturias and it reminded me a lot of Oregon, where my family lives. It can be rainy (and actually rained the day we were there) and is very green and beautiful! There were lots of trees, as well as mountains and hills. This trip to Spain has helped me see how many different landscapes there are in Spain! Just like the US and other big countries, there are many climates and different vegetation depending on where you go. As we drove up from the south of Spain, back towards Madrid, we saw lots of hills FULL of olive trees. It was beautiful. Olives are defintely a staple here, whether as olive oil or just the olive. I love black olives, but have never been found of the green ones. Here I have seen lots of different kinds of olives. In the grocery story there is a whole frigerated section dedicated to only olives! I have tried some different kinds here but still they aren´t my favorite. Oh well...it´s one of very few Spainsh foods that I don´t like! I have tried lots of different dishes here and have loved most! One thing I have noticed is that they like the combination of tomatoes and tuna. You can get them together in an empanada or in a sandwich with olive oil. Yum. Also, I had some pizza today that had the tomato sauce, tuna, ham, and onions. It was really good. I think I will go get an empanada now for dinner actually. Well, more later. This locutorio, where I am using the computer, is closing. I love you all!

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Hi, Jaynann. Good to hear what you're up to. I can't believe you're coming home so soon!

I'm glad you are having a good time.

Unknown said...

hi mom, :p hahaha
how r u? i miss u so much
i juz had a chance to read ur journal. it sounds fun! im so jealous ^_^. when will u come back to the states?
luv ya,
Puay

Jaynann said...

Elsa, I really liked your post. I thought it was interesting because I love dogs too. Great job!